Diana was concerned about keeping the list friendly to people making costumes for all historic eras. She didn't want it to become an in-group for any especial organization. A lot of the early members were SCA and she wanted to make sure they didn't turn it into an SCA-dominated venue.

It IS very offputting, for a non-SCA member, to join a list for costume or some other historic interest, and then have to deal with a constant "We are the m'Lord and M'Lady, and everyone else is mundane" attitude.

Fran
Lavolta Press
www.lavoltapress.com