Jon Fautley wrote:
> IANAL/etc. and the TV License fee people don't tend to listen to reason
> (or the law, or their own guidelines, etc.) so if he's at all worried,
> I'd just stump up the fee.

I am one of the hold-outs. Our TV died over a year ago and we decided not to
renew the licence. TV licencing send automated nastygrams threating imminent
court action but some nice web sites break these letters down and explain
your rights. We had the "Investigation officer" around with his 'almost
police' uniform :-) but I think two snarling GSDs behind a child gate put
paid to any the idea of forcing entry.

IMHO you should *NOT* stump up a fee just because some private company
threatens you for no good reason.Hell 139.50 will buy a nice new linux PC!

Jacqui