On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 10:00:09AM +0100, Bob Dunlop wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Sep 25 at 12:10, Chris Dennis wrote:
> > Any thoughts about how LiMo compares with Android[4]?  Or any of the
> > other shiny toys that are 'coming soon'[5]?
>
> You missed the Nokia N900[1] running Maemo[2] also comming in October.
> Several suppliers are touting it with Vodafone/O2 contracts etc and theres
> a rumour that Vodafone may be supplying it direct.
>
> Okay it's supposed to be a "web tablet" that also does phone calls.
> But if it looks like a phone and squawks like a phone...

   I've got the N800, which is two generations earlier than the
N900. It doesn't have the slide-out keyboard, the phone function, or
many of the other bits. However, it does run Maemo -- I have it
running 4.1/Diablo (the N900 runs 5.0/Freemantle). I've been
pleasantly impressed with it ever since I got it, both the hardware
and the software.

   I think I will almost certainly be getting one, although that's
conditional on being able to find a suitable deal from a mobile phone
company that does what I want, without sending my blood pressure
through the roof in the process.

   Hugo.

--
=== Hugo Mills: h...@... carfax.org.uk | darksatanic.net | lug.org.uk ===
  --- Anyone who says their system is completely secure understands ---