At 16:25 26/09/2009, you wrote:
>2009/9/26 Chris Dennis <cgden...@btinternet.com>:
> > James Courtier-Dutton wrote:
> >> Conclusion: A 3G phone should still be able to fall back to do
> GSM based GPRS.
> >
> > Thanks for that James.
> >
> > Is GPRS unusably slow for things like GPS (where the relevant bit of map
> > gets downloaded as you go)?
> >

>GPRS on GSM is slow but still works. A better option is to use a
>pre-installed map, like tomtom and garmin use, instead of google maps
>that load as they go.

People seem to have missed out Palms new WebOS that is supposed to based
on Linux. The app store equivalent is supposedly closed off to developers apart
from 1 exclusive company for now though.

According to the NNsquad email list google have sent a cease and desist order
against the main alternative ROM hacker so we will have to see if
android remains
as open as it once was.

Martin N

Owner of the bwfc yahoogroup and Co-Moderator of  MiniDisc and
amithlonopen yahoo groups.