On 27/05/10 16:08, Owain Clarke wrote:
> I wonder if, with the new government desperate to save money anywhere,
> there may be a bit of an open door for pushing the idea of Linux adoption?

That would be the logical approach but unfortunately M$ will do what is
takes like discounts to ensure their monopoly is not eroded. This is
happened many times before. However, small chunks will still be taken as
the unstoppable momentum as more people realise Linux is actually very
good. Large companies are making big changes, like banks, by deploying
Linux over IBM and Sun. It will not be long before they start replacing
Citrix with Linux desktops. Schools and colleges have the most to gain
by replacing Windows but there is too much politics to get around.
Hopefully the scrapping of the quango BECTA will help schools make their
own minds up.

John.