On 29/05/10 09:32, Jacqui Caren-home wrote:
> Mike Dwerryhouse wrote:
>
>> Many people still believe that free (as in beer) stuff can't be any good.
>> Arguments like "who are you going to sue?" etc. Like you are going
>> to sue Microsoft for a bug in Word, or Outlook.
>>
> The "sue" bit is very very important to many corporates. My employer funded
> a relatively critical perl module and we had numerous large corporates
> and multi's sending threatening emails, phone calls and faxes during the Y2K
> panic.

---8<---

Also of interest to corporates is support.

If you have a financial application that has the potential to cost you a
small fortune in fines on account of late payment, or even your license
to trade as a result of multiple outages, you need to know that there is
an expert on hand day and night should you hit an issue you cannot fix.
Whilst reading the manual or posting to a forum is fine for most of us,
it's not what you want to hear when a major outage is bringing your
business to its knees!

Sean

--
music, film, comics, books, rants and drivel:

www.funkygibbins.me.uk