Damian Brasher wrote:
> I'm sure (know) over half the resistance is due laziness (unwillingness to
> change), badly designed IT strategies which end up costing more than planned
> and arcane organisational power structures. Sure it's fine for someone like
> me with Linux experience to say that, but we are here to help make that
> change. The other half is that there is just not that much of a short-medium
> term gain to be made from switching over to Linux. I'd always be of the
> opinion that in most cases in the long-term Linux is a better ROI.

I am often  amazed at the inability of the average computer to accept
a world outside the Microsoft dominated one they are used to. This is
true of many technically aware people as well is "pointy haired bosses"
(Dilbert reference). The logical part of their brain may accept that
non-Microsoft computing is possible, but the intuitive part regards this
as weird and dangerous. Here be dragons.

Many people still believe that free (as in beer) stuff can't be any good.
Arguments like "who are you going to sue?" etc. Like you are going
to sue Microsoft for a bug in Word, or Outlook.

Sorry. Rant over.

Mike