Hi all

I know I know I should have done this years ago but I'm faced with a big
geographical relocation and well over 200 VHS video tapes - all pretty full
- to transfer to some PC video format.

At present, my main concern is the hardware - does anyone know a good
solution.   I've done about 20 tapes using a Hauppaugge winTV card connected
to an XP box.   The problem is / was that the connection had to be coax -
hence I had to tune the card to the VCR's frequency and (as I've often
found) the tuning software's not great.

There's [1] from either Maplin or Amazon but I notice some pretty damning
reviews and it looks to be a 2 head machine.   I'm thinking of getting a 4
head machine off ebay and then some sort of gadget to connect the two -
hence I'd like a recommendation.

I don't mind Ubuntu, Slackware of W7 - I have 3 pretty well specified
machines (none with under 2Gb of RAM) but none have USB3.

If anyone has found a solution that works well - please let me know.   It
seems, as VCRs are becoming harder to find, my time to do this massive job
is running out!

Cheers

Rob

[1]