On 22 October 2011 09:10, James Bensley <jwbens...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I'm heading into Southampton town center today and although this is a
> bit short notice, as I'm new round here I thought someone on here
> would have a better idea than me on the following;
>
> Are there any small computer shops in town? I don't want PC World,
> giant electrical seller type companies; I'm after the little 1 man
> second hand computer shop esq place. I want to buy a floppy disk drive
> (or maybe two or three if they're cheap enough), but they don't even
> have to work let alone be new. For this reason I don't want to go to
> PC and buy a new one for a tenner, I'm after second hand or worse for
> tuppence.
>
> Are there any electrical stores in Southampton that might sell 555
> timer chips? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/555_timer_IC) I suppose
> Maplins if I'm lucky, are there any other electrical shops around
> town?
>
> Many thanks all for your time and help, it is appreciated.

I would have tried ebay for that.
I find ebay surprisingly good for electrical components.
I brought some recently. They cost about 99p for delivery and come all
the way from China.
At that price I thought it was a scam, but they all arrived in the
post about 1 month after ordering.
Some arrived days after ordering, others 30 days after.
So, if you are prepared to wait, that could be an option for you.