This is similar to what I was alluding to.

I in no way wish to put them down (that's not my place). I went there to offer my l33t skillz as a volunteer and came away feeling like what I just saw was a company that is defined as a social enterprise yet seems to be using volunteers to refurb machines they'd been given free to sell at inflated prices to fund their other projects/coffers (many of which I believe provide some very valid services). I understand they 'need' to make money, but I felt uncomfortable ethically.

All this said I had a question about a licence required for the recycling of PC's - I love this you have to get a licence from the Environment Agency to confirm you are not producing waste (well along those lines....) this licence is over £1000, don't even get into 'waste transportation' - picking up PC's to recycle it makes me cry big tears!!!. Anyway I dropped Jamies an E-Mail about it (I was based in Poole at the time and wanted to look at doing a similar project). The CEO got back to me reasonably quickly and was very helpful. Kudos to him!!.

I'm not planning to get to their scale.... I'm grass roots. I like grass roots. I also am an (ageing) punkrocker..... We do things DIY we always have and we do it well and with ethics at the core, and we have silly hair. The drugs project I'm involved in is punkrock and NHS (I believe! I don't ask where the fundings coming from!!!) funded!, but before it got funding it was run on giro's.....

Anyway..... Anyone got any kit they don't need, want, think is useless..... I'm here!! Anyone that wants to talk to me about business and setting up CIC's please do! Anyone want to offer some time (when I get some sessions running!!!) say Hi. Anyone got a cordless phone they don't need I'd really be pleased!!! Hopping to the wired phone I have is uhhhhh irritating and I'm always too late to pick it up!!!!

Anyone wants to laugh at my website (hey for 5 mins work its not that bad!!) - http://www.http-420.co.uk/ note this was gained through gbbo and forces you to use their hideous flash based site builder! (I'm guessing there is a way round this but I haven't had 10 mins to look at it!!). But gbbo is an ace idea domain name and hosting