I have always been highly interested in Business and the whole Open Source
Ethos, I hate waste, hate chucking kit out I guess part of me has always wanted
to get a business off the ground. but I
want to be able to give something back to people wether it will be Linux / Open
Source training / Cost effective machines / hardware training and diagnostics

I'm always keen to learn new stuff, have a passion for Linux, orignally came
from a Windows background grew up using 3.1 thesedays I Keep my options open
and use both Windows and Linux both
have there strengths and merits I'm not one of these people who sticks to one
Operating System sure Microsoft has it's anal ways of doing things and I grew
up having to put up with the Whole
ME, Vista, Hell but with newer versions of Windows such as 7 and 2008 R2,
Things have come on leaps and bounds, Especially with Server 2k8 R2 and setting
it up without a GUI ( Server Core) and using Powershell to administrate the
system I kind of think Microsoft are changing there approach, Although Server 8
and it's Metro interface is horrendous :) NO GUI please :) and the cost of
deploying Windows in the enterpise is still very expensive.

Linux to me is a Swish Army knife I like how you can customize it to suit your
needs, remove any additional bloat Specilaize the Distribution to suit your
needs wether it will be Server setup or a media station. When I first was
introduced to Linux a few years ago, I will not lie my intial reaction was "
Linux wtf is Linux? " then it has been a love affair ever since :)

Making the initial transition from Windows to linux for me was a very daunting
experience, Linux felt very alien to me I had to change the way I thought about
using the Operating System yep I actually had to engage my brain cells and
think :), I remember the days of being first faced with a terminal window and
learning basic concepts such as command line navigation, package management
basic commands such as LS, GREP, TOUCH, How to | commands, enviornment
variables, run levels, how the file system is laid out,

I'm not a Linux wizard today, Everything I have learnt has been self taught and
I continue everyday to develop my skillbase right now my distribution of choice
is CentOS, If anyone is new to Linux then you can't go wrong with the following
materials and of course plenty of hands on time. These resources would be very
useful to anyone new to the LUG

UNIX AND LINUX SYSTEM ADMINISTRATION HANDBOOK - FOURTH EDITION ( One of the
most informative books I have read)

COMPTIA LINUX+ COMPLETE STUDY GUIDE - Roderick Smith

Train Signal LINUX+ Videos - Very informative teaches you the basics and how to
BASH Script

So that is the history of myself :), I am highly interested in continuing the
development of my Nix skills, and am highly interested in any business
opportunities or projects you guys propose I am keen to learn, very driven and
very ambitious and would love to learn more from the Linux gurus.

Lastly has anyone picked up a Raspeberry Pi yet? me want want want