On 24 March 2012 21:25, Bryn Jones <bryn.jon...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Anyway..... Anyone got any kit they don't need, want, think is useless.....
> I'm here!! Anyone that wants to talk to me about business and setting up
> CIC's please do! Anyone want to offer some time (when I get some sessions
> running!!!) say Hi. Anyone got a cordless phone they don't need I'd really
> be pleased!!! Hopping to the wired phone I have is uhhhhh irritating and I'm
> always too late to pick it up!!!!

Just out of interest, at work they have a purchasing policy.
Each piece of computing equipment they purchase must have a full cycle
cost associated with it.
I.e. Purchase, support and disposal.
The problem with this, is it normally means that the equipment then
goes back to the manufacturer or sent to approved destruction center.
They are then not allowed to "recycle" the laptop in the sense of
giving it to someone else who can still make use of it, or give it to
the employee for home use. The reason being, that they then cannot
assure that it will eventually be sent to approved destruction center
when the time comes.

How would you get round these sorts of problems?
I think that if you could build up some sort of arrangement with the
"approved destruction center", you might then get all the equipment
you need for very little effort. It would probably be something like,
they might lend you the PC for an extra year or two, but you have to
eventually return it when you or your users cannot make use of it
anymore.
The trouble is, that is just more work for the destruction center, so
I cannot see why they would help you.

Kind Regards

James