On 11/05/2012 16:57, Bob Dunlop wrote:
In case you miss it in there:

I am nowhere near Aldershot but once you've got a location, if you
need a web presence then BitFolk will be happy to provide you with a
VPS for free, as we already do for:

- London Hackspace
- HAC:Manchester
- fizzPOP (Birmingham)
- Reading Hackspace
     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Just starting up and begining to grow. Just 20 miles from Aldershot.

   http://readinghackspace.org.uk/wiki/Main_Page

Never been there, just work with Ryan, one of the founders.

Workshops/space/machine tools cost serious money so I'm sure no hackspace
will be free now the universitys have stopped? supporting them.

One prominent member of reading maker space (RHS) put something like 20K
in (upfront)! Starting a hackspace is not easy or cheap! And some of the tools
at Reading are seriously impressive!

Another item is that RHS hodl an open eveing on weds and offer a pay as you use
option - IIRC correctly you pay a fiver for each (non member) visit - but
dont take my word on that as I am not a member.

Jacqui