as others have said try it you might just like it...

as for "locked down desktop" LOL we at work have yet to see a well
locked down citrix environment, infact it has become a bit of a joke
contest to see who can "break out" of the citrix environment the
fastest, i believe the current record is ~3 seconds and this was done
by someone just slapping both hands down on the keyboard... but on
average "breakouts" normally take 15 seconds or so because of the need
to type something. It is then just a matter of owning the host
environment.

I am sure your IT group will follow all the lock down guidelines and
all will be good in the world ;)

FC