On Friday 20 July 2012 10:39:19 Full Circle Podcast wrote:
> Lisi: couldn't remember which Act precisely (hence 'disability rights
> legislation' in lower case), but that would be the one.

No, I realise that.  My email wws aimed rather at Rob, who was being advised
to quote it.  As someone with sight problems he probably knew that already,
but it seemed worth telling him.

> Not that I expect Rob will need to quote from it, since the merest hint of
> industrial tribunal tends to kick the management's backside into action,
> speaking as former member of said management. This is the sort of
> technology thing that should override standard IT policy as a matter of
> course, anyway.

In addition to the threat of tribunals, there is a straighforward case to be
answered in the courts, where, if they refused to help, he could sue them;
and where the only acceptable defence is that what was being asked was too
much for the defendant to be reasonably able to do. The RNIB did publish a
standard letter to be used for complaints under the Disabilty Discrimination
Act.  It seems likely that they now do one under the Equality Act, but I do
not know for sure.

And I have found quoting to be very useful.  It concentrates people's minds
wonderfully!

Lisi