Hello,

On Mon, Oct 01, 2012 at 10:47:25PM +0100, Vic wrote:

> > GNOME 2 is dead.
>
> ...And looking remarkably sprightly on my Fedora 16 laptop...

But it is the case that upstream is not developing it anymore, isn't
it?

Also I have seen the fork of Gnome "classic" (I forget its name now)
derided on the debian-devel list as being "generated by sed", as in
they ran sed over the Gnome code base to rename everything to their
new name, but without having any actual developers to carry the
project on.

From all of that I was under the impression that "sticking with
Gnome Classic" was not really a long-term option, it would be either
Unity, Gnome 3 or a completely different desktop environment.

Is this not the case?

Cheers,
Andy