Upgrade your bios if possible just to make sure.

After you have found out what SATA version you require, measure your
current laptop hard drive. Generally laptop HD's are slimmer than 2.5"
drives found in servers and desktops.

For example, this SSD is 7mm think, they tend to range between 7mm and 9.5mm:

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/120gb-corsair-neutron-series-slim-7mm-25-ssd-lamd-sync-nand-read-555mb-s-write-211mb-s-86k-iops-max

Rich