On 11 February 2013 01:25, <j...@osml.eu> wrote:

> The last article I read regarding life of SSD indicated that an SSD was
> more likely to outlive rotating media by a significant factor.  Sorry I
> can't lay my hands to the link.  More later if I re-discover it.
>
> MY 4 year old 901, all SSD, is still going strong though the keyboard and
> mouse is getting a bit iffy.

My anecdotal evidence of two SSDs is 50/50 - that one (64GB) has lasted 8
months and is still alive. The other (128GB) lasted 2 months and "died a
horrid lethal death of the fatal kind that one doesn't recover from" - i.e.
it spews file-system and ATA errors constantly into the syslog/dmesg. I
would have claimed on the warranty but I'd thrown the receipt away. I guess
it's a case of YMMV.

--
Daniel Llewellyn