On Tue, 20 May 2014 at 07:03:31AM +0100, Tim B wrote:
> Probably.

Sadly when you ask most top-poster why they do it, very few can
come up with a good or meaningfully reason to support their
behaviour. It appears to have mostly won because:

Most email clients encourage it
Most people copy what others do without thinking
Most people take the path of least resistance

While I accept that there are a few cases in which it's okay to
top post - I think the sheer volume of uneducated users has
eventually prevailed.

Sadly almost all non-technical business email is top-posted and it
is difficult to read, often incoherent and a great source of
confusion in business.

I've given up trying to bottom post - except when emailing other
technical users, as non-technical users appear to find it
confusing to have a trimmed and edited email with the answers to
their questions beneath the questions. Then again I was born
grumpy - but that does not make me wrong...

> Tim B.
>

> Sent from Samsung Mobile

Adam Trickett
Overton, HANTS, UK

No virus was found in this outgoing message as I didn't bother looking.
        -- anon