On Tuesday 20 May 2014 11:44:18 Dr A. J. Trickett wrote:
> On Tue, 20 May 2014 at 07:03:31AM +0100, Tim B wrote:
> > Probably.
>
> Sadly when you ask most top-poster why they do it, very few can
> come up with a good or meaningfully reason to support their
> behaviour. It appears to have mostly won because:
>
> Most email clients encourage it
> Most people copy what others do without thinking
> Most people take the path of least resistance
>
> While I accept that there are a few cases in which it's okay to
> top post - I think the sheer volume of uneducated users has
> eventually prevailed.
>
> Sadly almost all non-technical business email is top-posted and it
> is difficult to read, often incoherent and a great source of
> confusion in business.
>
> I've given up trying to bottom post - except when emailing other
> technical users, as non-technical users appear to find it
> confusing to have a trimmed and edited email with the answers to
> their questions beneath the questions. Then again I was born
> grumpy - but that does not make me wrong...

I plough on interleaving.  I rarely get complaints.

I find top-posting so difficult to follow, that I rarely try.  I rarely bother
with HTML either.  Reading is too difficult for me now, and remaining life
too short.  If people want me to read their stuff, they must make it easier!
And yes, I am a grumpy old .....  Supply your own noun. ;-)

Lisi