On Son 15.11.2009 15:57, Wout Mertens wrote:
Hi there,

I was wondering if HAProxy helps in the following situation:

- We have a wiki site which is quite slow
- Regular users don't have many problems
- We also get crawled by a search bot, which creates many concurrent
 connections, more than the hardware can handle
- Therefore, service is degraded and users usually have their browsers
 time out on them

Given that we can't make the wiki faster, I was thinking that we could
solve this by having a per-source-IP queue, which made sure that a
given source IP cannot have more than e.g. 3 requests active at the
same time. Requests beyond that would get queued.

Is this possible?

Maybe with http://haproxy.1wt.eu/download/1.3/doc/configuration.txt

src <ip_address>

fe_sess_rate