Just create an additional backend and assign the bots to it.
You can set queues and max connections there as needed.

Also an additional tip might be to adjust the robots.txt file as some bots can
be slowed down.
http://www.google.com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?answer=48620
Check if the bots that are crawling have some real use for you, otherwise just
adjust your robots.txt or block them.

Some stuff for basic mysql + mediawiki might be to check if the mysql
querycache is working.

Karsten

Am Sonntag, 15. November 2009 schrieben Sie:

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Karsten Elfenbein
Entwicklung und Systemadministration

erento - Der Online-Marktplatz für Mietartikel.

erento GmbH
Friedenstrasse 91
D-10249 Berlin

Tel:     +49 (30) 2000 42064
Fax:     +49 (30) 2000  8499
eMail:   karsten.elfenb...@erento.com

Hotline: 01805 - 373 686 (14 ct/min.)
Firmensitz der erento GmbH ist Berlin
Geschäftsführer: Chris Möller & Oliver Weyergraf
Handelsregister Berlin Charlottenburg,  HRB 101206B
http://www.erento.com - alles online mieten.