Yeah, I understand.

So what could we do? I am really stuck with this and not able to figure out
any workaround either.

-----Original Message-----
From: Willy Tarreau [mailto:w...@1wt.eu]
Sent: Tuesday, June 14, 2011 4:17 PM
To: Sachin Shetty
Cc: 'Cassidy, Bryan'; haproxy@formilux.org
Subject: Re: Apache translates 500 to 502 from haproxy

On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 02:14:15PM +0530, Sachin Shetty wrote:
> I looked at all the apache modules we have and haven't seen anything
glaring
> there.
>
> Attached tcpdump from cherrypy server when Apache is bypassing haproxy and
> forwarding to cherrypy directly. Obviously cherrypy does it in order,
loads
> the whole file and then sends the response back which works ok for Apache.

I understand, but I see nothing in HTTP which makes it mandatory to read all
the content once you have responded. If you respond, you don't need those
data anymore. The common practice is to read at least some of them in order
to avoid the issue with the close causing a reset. Haproxy reads as much as
it can until the close. Once the connection is closed, it cannot read
anymore.
Apache accepts to read a lot more of data,but with a limit too.