From: Willy Tarreau [mailto:w...@1wt.eu]
Sent: Wednesday, June 15, 2011 12:40 PM
To: Sachin Shetty
Cc: 'Cassidy, Bryan'; haproxy@formilux.org
Subject: Re: Apache translates 500 to 502 from haproxy

On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 12:11:58PM +0530, Sachin Shetty wrote:
> I also think apache is the issue. I think we have a few mischievous
modules
> like mod_rpaf that I need to disable and test. I will keep you posted.
>
> For now do you see any severe problem if I disabe httpclose as a
workaround?

As I said, in theory no, unless you need haproxy to analyse more than one
request per connection. But please do make a test with http-server-close.
While there is little chance that it helps, it's not completely impossible
because it is able to reinforce keep-alive on the client side even if it is
disable on the server side.