Hi all,

I wake up this "old" thread.

Le 15/06/2011 22:59, Willy Tarreau a écrit :
Hi Cyril,

On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 10:21:21PM +0200, Cyril Bonté wrote:
Yes, I still have this in my TODO list but couldn't find time to cleanup the
process : the code was really too awfull and unreadable to be published :-)
I'll try to restart this development as soon as possible and submit a minimal
version of the converter. Then it will be possible to enhance it
incrementally.

Believe me, you should never ever feel ashamed of any work you find ugly,
especially when there are people who are actively asking for it. If some
users are that much waiting for seeing it, probably that as soon as it's
published, a few ones will take it, review it, and perform the cleanup
way before you find enough time to work on it. Maybe a few ones will totally
fork it believing it's crap and they can do something much better. Maybe
they'll be right, maybe they'll fail. It doesn't matter.

I couldn't find much time for this since the last message...until this week.

The code is still ugly. Honestly, I'm quite ashamed of it :-)
But I'm not ashamed of the result, so it's time to make it public and to ask for help to cleanup the code, fix some issues and enhance the converter and the generated documentation.

The project is shared on gihtub. Also, converted documentation for haproxy 1.4.20 and 1.5 are available there.

The code itself is in python and recently started to use Mako Templates as a first attempt to make the code cleaner.

The generated pages are based on Bootstrap, from Twitter. I believe it will help to easily add some smart features such as keyword auto-completion.

The project sources : http://github.com/cbonte/haproxy-dconv
The project web page : http://cbonte.github.com/haproxy-dconv/
Generated documentations :
- for haproxy 1.4 :
  http://cbonte.github.com/haproxy-dconv/configuration-1.4.html
- for haproxy 1.5 :
  http://cbonte.github.com/haproxy-dconv/configuration-1.5.html

Feel free to give me some feedbacks. Again, help will be very welcomed to enhance the project and the documentation ;-)

--
Cyril Bonté