 From: David Coulson <da...@davidcoulson.net>
To: Hermes Flying <flyingher...@yahoo.com>
Cc: Baptiste <bed...@gmail.com>; "haproxy@formilux.org" <haproxy@formilux.org>
Sent: Thursday, November 29, 2012 8:57 PM
Subject: Re: HAproxy and detect split-brain (network failures)

You can do that, but haproxy doesn't have anything to do with the failover
process, other than you run an instance of haproxy on one server, and another
instance on your backup system. As I said, neither of the haproxy instances
communicate anything, so all you need to do is move the IP clients are using
from one server to the other in order to handle a failure. Moving the IP around
is something keepalived, pacemaker, etc handles - Look at their documentation
for specifics and challenges in a two-node config.

HAProxy doesn't have a concent of primary and backup in terms of
    it's own instances. Each of them is stand alone. It's up to you,
    based on your network/IP config which one has traffic routed to it.

David