Hi Zachary,

It sounds your application server is not aware the connections was
made over a SSL socket on HAProxy frontend and tries to redirect the
user on the same socket but on HTTP protocol.
To figure out if this is really the case, and to know how to fix it,
you can read this blog article:
http://blog.exceliance.fr/2013/02/26/ssl-offloading-impact-on-web-applications/

Baptiste