Two things:

1.       After taking the two patches, ran version and am definitely getting
different versions. I'll have to look into how this could be with the admins
some more.

Built with OpenSSL version : OpenSSL 1.0.0a 1 Jun 2010

Running on OpenSSL version : OpenSSL 0.9.8y 5 Feb 2013 (VERSIONS DIFFER!)

2.       The fix for the SSL dereference looks to have solved the issue! I am
no longer getting a crash and SSL seems to be handling the offload correctly
without issue.

Thank you so much again, I really appreciate the quick support and patience (as
you can probably guess I am not the strongest Linux/C developer)!

Zack