Zack,

On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 02:12:46PM +0000, Connelly, Zachary (CGI Federal) wrote:
> Emeric,
>
> I'm not sure about that either actually. We definitely only have 0.9.8~
> versions on the box and I explicitly reference the 0.9.8y library when I
> compile the executable:
>
> TARGET=linux26 USE_PCRE=1 USE_OPENSSL=1
> ADDLIB=-L/usr/local/openssl-0.9.8y/lib LDFLAGS+=-ldl

You're missing a ADDINC somewhere, so I guess you're building with another
version's headers and with this version's lib, which explains why haproxy -vv
reports 1.0.0a (it reports the version used for building).

We've checked with Emeric and I can confirm that the SSL struct changed
between the two versions, which exactly explains the 8 bytes offset we
found for ssl->sid_ctx_length which pointed to some wrong location.

I have added a second control in the sources to report both the build
version and the runtime version.

Cheers,