Hello everyone!

I've moved off AWS ELB today to HAProxy 1.5dev18. I'm doing SSL termination at the LB and I'm encountering a rather large number of messages such as:
- SSL Handshake failure
- Timeout during SSL handshake
- Connection closed during SSL handshake

The problem is similar to the one I've found in the archives about 2 weeks ago (http://marc.info/?l=haproxy&m=137158875803495&w=2), but unfortunately I'm unable to debug this. I'm trying to clarify if these are errors that are normal and I just didn't see on ELB, or if there's anything to do to better configure HAProxy. As far as I can see in the logs, some hosts are able to connect successfully sometimes, and with errors other times. Hosts that have errors tend to have more errors than successful requests. Also, almost of the devices accessing this service are Android and iOS devices.

I'm using a free StartSSL certificate.

I've posted the relevant haproxy.cfg lines below. Any ideas are extremly welcome!

defaults
    option accept-invalid-http-request
    option httplog
    log global
    mode http
    option http-server-close
    option redispatch
    timeout connect 60000ms
    timeout client 60000ms
    timeout server 60000ms
frontend www_secure
    mode http
    bind 0.0.0.0:443 ssl crt CERTNAME1.pem crt CERTNAME2.pem
    (acl's directing traffic to 2 backends)

--
Andrei Marinescu