Yes you could have all different applications in one process/configuration.

When you 'reload' using -sf you'd have 2 processes for a while
(depends on if you have long-lived connections or not). The old
processes scheduled to die will typically take a lot less CPU, because
they are handling only a couple connections and not any new ones.