Hello,

Yes, this is why I was speaking with Jeff about this.

Because I suppose that these processes have a default loop, that uses a
certain amount of CPU (kQueue implementation)

Example config :

global
        log 127.0.0.1   local0
        log 127.0.0.1   local1 notice
        maxconn 16384
        daemon

defaults
        log     global
        mode    http
        option  dontlognull
        option  redispatch
        retries 3
        maxconn 16384
        contimeout      5000
        clitimeout      50000
        srvtimeout      50000

listen stats 185.30.164.40:10000
        balance
        mode http
        stats enable

listen port_link_1
        mode tcp
        option tcplog
        option nolinger
        bind X.X.X.X:1433
        bind X.X.X.X:3500
        bind X.X.X.X:3800
        bind X.X.X.X:7777
        server link Y.Y.Y.Y
        source X.X.X.X

Output of -vv :

HA-Proxy version 1.4.23 2013/04/03
Copyright 2000-2013 Willy Tarreau <w...@1wt.eu>

Build options :
  TARGET  = openbsd
  CPU     = generic
  CC      = gcc

Default settings :
  maxconn = 1024, bufsize = 8030, maxrewrite = 1030, maxpollevents = 200

Encrypted password support via crypt(3): no

Available polling systems :
     kqueue : pref=300,  test result OK
       poll : pref=200,  test result OK
     select : pref=150,  test result OK