Hi,

I am chasing some weird capacity issues in our setup.

Haproxy which also does SSL is forwarding request to various other servers
upstream. I am seeing a simple 100MB file download from our upstream
components starts to slow down time to time like hitting as low as 1MBPS,
usually is it greater than 100MBPS. When this happens, I tried downloading
the file from the upstream component bypassing haproxy from the same box,
and that is fast enough ­ 100MBPS. So it seems like haproxy is getting
jammed on something.

The only suspicious thing I see is that haproxy will be spinning on 100%
CPU. So we added nbproc 4 and I still see the same pattern, when the speed
drops, all haproxy proceses are hitting 80-100%. The request rate when the
speed drops is about 5K/minute which is only 2X of requests when things are
normal and download speeds are fine.

We have quite a few regex and acls in our config, is there a way to profile
haproxy and see what could be slowing it down?

Thanks
Sachin