On Thu, Apr 07, 2016 at 10:59:24PM +0530, Sachin Shetty wrote:
> Hi Willy,
>
> Sorry for the confusion. I wrote to you much before in my investigation. I
> will take care going forward.

OK but in general the point remains, and it's not just for you but for
everyone in general, the mailing list is here to reach around 1000 persons
at once, so once your message is posted, you have to keep in mind that
several of them will start to think about your problem even if they don't
respond, which is why it is very important to be transparent about any
progress made on parallel investigation or parallel contacts. Just like
when you ask something to two distinct coworkers, one gives you a fast
response, the other ones comes the next day and says "I've setup a lab
yesterday to check what you asked me and I found this last night". You'll
feel bad telling him "Oh I already got the response, thank you anyway".

> Only now I realized that I messed up the version numbers because it seems
> we have different versions in our cluster.

OK similarly there's nothing wrong telling errors in bug reports, we all
do this because we test lots of stuff and we end up confusing things. But
once you notice something was wrong, simply respond again and fix the
information. Reliable versions helps eliminate candidate patches and also
help people joining saying "same problem here".

> We are now testing with 1.6.4 and trying to fast track it.

OK thanks for the feedback!