From: Conrad Hoffmann <con...@soundcloud.com>
Sent: Tuesday, September 3, 2019 4:45:57 PM
To: Schimweg, Luca <luca.schim...@sap.com>; Lukas Tribus <li...@ltri.eu>
Cc: haproxy@formilux.org <haproxy@formilux.org>
Subject: Re: RFC uuid for log-format

Hi,

On Tue, 2019-09-03 at 14:07 +0000, Schimweg, Luca wrote:
> thanks for mentioning rand, I didn't know about it... With some
> rand()s I was able to generate a UUID, I'll have to do some
> performance checks, but I think it will be fair enough. Then we don't
> need a %uuid or similar from my point of view.

FWIW, we use (among others) %Ts (timestamp), %pid (PID b/c multi-
process setup), %rc (retry count), and %rt (session request counter),
which produces some reasonably unique id, though our constraint is only
for it to be (mostly) unique across one server. You can also throw in
the server IP or name of course.

Cheers,
Conrad

--
Conrad Hoffmann
Systems and Traffic Engineering

SoundCloud Ltd. | Rheinsberger Str. 76/77, 10115 Berlin, Germany

Managing Director: Artem Fishman | Incorporated in England & Wales
with Company No. 6343600 | Local Branch Office | AG
Charlottenburg  | HRB 110657B