Hey,

just for you to get an impression, a quick draft of what a change could look
like:

https://github.com/lucaschimweg/haproxy/commit/5306395c062ac20b6d030d48c48290d5f08db5cc

I didn't check with the contributing guidelines, etc... yet, but this commit
would make the feature work.
In the end, Willy has to decide whether we want a feature like this.

Best regards,
Luca

On 05.09.19, 19:00, "li...@ltri.eu on behalf of Lukas Tribus" <li...@ltri.eu>
wrote:

    Hello Luca,

    On Thu, Sep 5, 2019 at 5:38 PM Schimweg, Luca <luca.schim...@sap.com> wrote:

    > Hey,
    >
    > i would suggest adding support for the widely used RFC4122 Version 4
UUID, which is generated completely random. In lua a script for generating
these is about 5 lines long, but because of several reasons I don't want to use
lua in this use-case.

    > I would definitely not add add additional dependencies. The only thing
required to generate such a UUID is a random number generator (which is already
available) and some string-concatenation. Example code comes out with a quick
GitHub search: https://gist.github.com/kvelakur/9069c9896577c3040030 .

    > I think adding this feature would not require too much effort.
    >
    > @Willy, whats your opinion on this?

    Sounds good to me, let's confirm with Willy.

    Lukas