Ilya,

[Willy: Note for you below]

Am 17.12.20 um 10:01 schrieb Илья Шипицин:
> well, I met some projects that are insane on formatting.
> it is funny each time, when discussing new PR "please fix your formatting"
> (weeks spent on that), after PR is merged something is broken because of
> lack of testing.

This is not about arbitrary formatting (Tabs vs Spaces or the bracing
style), but this is about *actually* misleading indentation.

Misleading indentation is something that actually caused security
relevant bugs in other projects in the past. 'goto fail' would be an
example.

This warning is good, it found an actual issue. It must stay.

---

Willy:

Can you please check line 236 in plock.h (__pl_r = 0;). It is
misleadingly intended. In fact I believe the line might not be
necessary, because `__pl_r` should already be 0 after exiting the
`while` loop.

Please either remove that line of remove a single tab at the start of
the line.

The issue was introduced in 7122ab31b195edb511fecf9c20904701970b195f
(https://github.com/haproxy/haproxy/commit/7122ab31b195edb511fecf9c20904701970b195f#diff-f751477437a0042b907116079d933159c78054cfbfa1d9577775b389bb81a380R228)

> I'd say it is friendly mood not to push people to comply formatting (who
> cares of indentation ?)

I do when it's misleading.

Best regards
Tim Düsterhus