Viktor Szakáts wrote:

>Anyhow I feel this will lead to a mess, where some ppl
don't get informed about changes, because not being subscribed to the other list, and because of this, some developers will continue to send manual ChangeLogs, creating double notifications for those who subscribed. Honestly, I don't like this at all.

In fact, one of the points is to not give opt-out option.
This is a developers' list, the change e-mails are the _backbone_ of this list, and _all members are receiving this information since the beginning_. Why would we suddenly need to change that?

Again, our other, much simpler and consistent option is to simply swap the manual mails to automated ones, with no change on any parties side.
Ok, that was a very coherent discussion that adds meaning that you were not conveying before. Thank you.

Earlier, it was requested to increase the limit of file attachments on this list to 150K. I was under the impression that change was to facilitate these new emails.

Is this not the case? If not, then why are we raising the limit?