Antonio,

    I had problems building HBIDE in the past and I understand you.
    My main problem was configuring the enviroment. I assume that you have
already downloaded the right tools from the right places and have QT, MingW and
of course, Harbour with contribs (HBIDE).
    I hope the way I do is correct (please anyone correct me if wrong).
    Follows how it is configured in my computer with Windows XP Home. It works
for me:

<AUTOEXEC.NT>
@cls
set PATH=%PATH%;c:\x\bin;c:\x\bin\ng;
set PATH=%PATH%;c:\x\upx;
set PATH=%PATH%;C:\x\QT\4.5.3\bin;
set PATH=%PATH%;C:\x\mgw\bin;
set PATH=%PATH%;C:\x\hb\bin;
set HB_BUILD_UNICODE=yes

I have a BATCH file that builds Harbour from SVN: (I build it in this folder:
C:\x\hb\ )

<CREATE.NT>
@cls
set HB_WITH_QT=C:\x\QT\4.5.3\include
set HB_QT_STATIC=yes
set HB_INSTALL_PREFIX=C:\x\hb
set HB_BUILD_IMPLIB=yes
echo:
echo Cleanning...
echo:
CD \x\svn
mingw32-make clean
echo:
echo Clean OK!
echo:
echo Start building libs (Press ctrl-C to stop now)...
echo:
pause >>NUL:
mingw32-make install
echo:
echo Done!

    To build HBIDE I just point the prompt to HBIDE folder under CONTRIB and
fire a simple "hbmk2 hbide.hbp" as stated by Pritpal Bedi.

    I recommend you to read the INSTALL file that comes with HARBOUR carefully
because there you find valuable and important details to build and use Harbour
successfully.

    I use MingW from TDM. I've compiled HBIDE and it is an impressive work by
Pritpal Bedi. I am creating a small program (CUI mode) using GTWVT and when I
finish it I will try to port it to *nix.

    PC is Przemyslaw Czerpak but I think you can just say Przemek since he
signs down his name this way and seems to be much easier for non Slavic
speakers.

    I hope it helps you a bit.

    Regards,

Qatan