> We should try. We have nothing to hide and we're
> not lying, so I believe all we need to do is put
> convincing sources behind our statements.

I totally agree.

> F.e. the
> guy deleted the word "fast". Now, we have lots and
> lots of speed comparisons with Clipper, Xbase++ and
> xhb, so the back it up, we can just link to such
> a result posted on the mailing list. And see what
> happens.

I agree although I think he is right. "Fast" is a very subjective concept.
It's possible give proofs about that, of course.

> It should be okay if linked through Google Translate.

In general, it's not okay. And yes, WP has a lot of this citations.

> So he should also delete Clipper, xHarbour,
> Xbase++ and FlagShip compiler articles as well.
> This is plain nonsense, just ignore it, or point
> him these articles. A general xBase article
> is good idea, but the details are always put
> on distinct pages.

He stalking Harbour article for now.
My idea is improving xBase article and left implementations details for
compilers and interpreters. But this require time. One thing to each time. I
can not get Harbour's article polished yet.

I am having problems with Dmoz too, but still trying. At least in that case,
Harbour is there already.

I will try to improve the criteria about TIOBE is indexing xBase languages.

Anyway I gave the kick off on english. My wish is "sell" harbour to
portuguese speakers. I can do a better job in my natural language.

>  > BTW, this post has the best value for me because I knew about the MT
> debate :-) I think we need create an index to valuable posts like msg10164.
>
> Yes, absolutely.

It's in my TODO list ;-) but I can't do it alone.

BTW, I thinks it's off-topic but I am curious about past issues on Clipper's
and Harbour's history. I will start a new thread if nobody objects about
this a few OT.

[]'s Maniero