In 1974 I was a 15 year old DXer with CIDX (and by the time I was 17 I was
with SPEEDX...)
and occasionally we would have a 12 or 13 year old keener that would post
logs to the various
columns of defunct clandestine stations that hadn't been on the air for a
couple of years.

We used Allied, Hallicrafter and Hammarlund receivers and upstart Radio
Shack rigs like the DX150 (I still have mine and it is still working!)

Those were the days! (the old DXer says as his shakes his fist and cane at
the internet!)

--
Colin Newell - Editor and creator *of *Coffeecrew.com
<http://www.Coffeecrew.com> and DXer.ca <http://www.DXer.ca> -