Right, and if that's all it were being used for, I wouldn't worry about it so much. The point of my example was that this reference was also being used to allow the dialog to communicate with the main application. This is common is Swing applications, but is it good design?

===
Gregory Woodhouse
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."
-- Antoine de Saint-Exupery