I'm actually struggling to come up with better definitions. These terms were possibly introduced by Erich Gamma et al. (the "Gang of Four") in "Design Patterns: Elements of Reusable Object-Oriented Software".

Tight coupling -- This means there are many interdependencies (direct and indirect) between different software components. think of it as big interfaces with high fan-in.

Poor cohesion - This means that the job a particular component does is poorly defined or that a component has many responsibilities that are not clearly related. (Could this be big implementations with high fan-out?)

===
Gregory Woodhouse
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"The policy of being too cautious is