Right. You'd need SMB if, for example, you wanted to mount a shared
drive from a Windows system, but it has nothing to do with the Broker
or standard Internet protocols. I've never tried to do anything with
SMB under OS X. In fact, I never bothered to ask whether was even
supported. (As an aside, on my G4, I notice that I do have rpc.mountd
running, a little to my surprise -- but not really. That's pretty
standard.)

--- Mike Lieman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 8/11/05, jae kim <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Another newbie q's:
> >
> >  Has anybody installed openVistA unto Mac OS X
> >  and attempted to set it up as server with SMB
> >  for a Windows client with CPRS?
> >  Will OSIRIX work in this setting (from Windows)?
>
> SMB is about sharing disk directories and printers.  I'm not sure SMB
> is the protocol involved.
>
> TCP port 9120 ( or whatever ) will still be the transport for the
> broker.

===
Gregory Woodhouse  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

"Design quality doesn't ensure success, but design failure can ensure failure."

--Kent Beck