I believe that yes, OS X does come with X11, but I noticed that when I installed Xcode 2.1, X11 was the one thing not selected by default. It may just be what I was using, but X11 looked exceptionally ragged when compared to the native Aqua UI. One thing that was particularly striking was the lack of antialaing in the xterm window. But all in all, it wasn't that bad. I'm in the office right now, so I can't check to see whether I was running a preloaded X11 or not. I installed tightvnc using DarwinPorts, which automatically goes out and fetches/installs those packages upon which it depends.

Kevin Toppenberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

P.S., I have heard that the latest OS X comes with X11. Is that true?
Do you still have to launch it separately? Many linux's run their
desktop on X11, but I don't think OS X does. So a separate X11
environment must be launched.

KT

===
Gregory Woodhouse  <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

"Einstein was a giant. He had his head in the clouds and his feet on the ground."

-- Richard P. Feynman