I do not mean to imply, by the way, that I don't think an open
standards process cannot work, only that we have yet to find a good
solution. Even so, I think there is a lot we can do that we are not
doing, and for safety critical systems like an EHR we really should be
doing more. You probably remember that I've advocated the use type safe
languages and type safety at the language DBMS interface, I've
advocated generation of interface code from verifiable formal
specifications, and the list could be extended. Regardless of what we
do, though, it unreasonable to think we can avoid having to deal with
CCHIT (along with all of the costs) if we cannot offer a better
alternative. And that means one where cokmpliance with the relevant
standards and regulations can be reliably demonstrated. Claiming it is
not enough.

===
Gregory Woodhouse  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

The Tao of VistA: If all you see is MUMPS,
you see nothing.