Why not consider setting up a User Forums web based product ?

Distinct areas could be created to discuss different issues.
Infrastructure, hardware, new installation, Operating Systems, etc..
Software, Labs, Registration, scheduling, etc...
How To's...  Customizations...

As each area is created, users could subscribe to that specific area. they
can avoid getting all of the chatter for topics they have no interest in.
the system would still send out notifications of new messages and updates,
but the bulk of the discussion would sit in a public (or private/subscriber
for some topics) website area to view as a searchable archive.

here are a few discussion forums that I think we could model after.

http://forums.webhostautomation.com/
http://eudorabb.qualcomm.com/
http://www.dbforums.com/

 --- David Sommers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'm not subscribed to the other VistA newsgroups (VOE), are they
> discussing this as well?  Is this moving everyone and everything?
>

> David Sommers, Architect  |  Dialog Medical

That is a separate group unrelated to Hardhats. The basic issue here is that
Harhats pre-dates WorldVistA and it has always been the plan that it would
focus on VistA infrastructure. When WorldVistA came along, the equation
shifted somewhat, and thee was a need for a place to discuss application
oriented issues, too. However, most of the people that would be interested
in the new group/list were already on Harhats, and there has been
considerable resistance to trying to split them. (It was even tried once,
unsuccessfully.) A further complication is that, as you can see, many or
most of the ostensibly application issues discussec on this list are rapidly
shown to be infrastructure issues or questions in disguise. But there's
something else to consider, too, and that is that there is a (small?)
contingent of people on Hardhats that are ONLY interested in infrastructure
and who find the remaining discussion distracting. It's a tricky problem.