At 03:04 PM 3/23/2005, Christopher Fisk typed:
I believe my response to Wayne answers this. Is it the car makers fault that you don't buckle that seatbelt in a car accident?

Think about the cars that have the auto shoulder belt. They say they are a liability if you don't also belt the manual lap belt. Having a wrong 911 number is quite similar. False sense of security.

I don't know about false but they may not be as secure if they also don't use the lap belt. Isn't some security better than none? I'm not say the car makers are at fault but they are required to be held to a higher standard than Joe Blow down the street is. I believe that Vonage is in the same situation & that they failed to meet that level of expectation but that's JMHO FWIW.

Wayne D. Johnson
Ashland, OH, USA 44805
<http://www.wavijo.com>