Antec has also had lots of RMA'd phantom 350's (the fanless, silent units). They are releasing a 500w unit, wonder how many FUBAR'd units will show up by then.

From: warpmedia <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: The Hardware List <hardware@hardwaregroup.com>
Subject: Re: [H] Antec TruePower is OUT
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 09:01:54 -0400

Wow, that sucks and doesn't sound good for Antec. Are you going to at least RMA them back to Antec to see if they'll stand behind them repair wise?

What was the load you had on them?

Greg Sevart wrote:
So, I have lost all faith in Antec's power supplies. I have three of them here...two of them have died in the last two weeks. They exist in different ZIP codes, so it wasn't a surge. Both are behind UPS. The first simply stopped providing a high +5v rail, the second went snap, crackle, pop, and smoke tonight while I was typing an essay. Both were True550's...two dead within two weeks is enough to scare me away. I was even willing to forgive the first failure...but not two.

So what did I replace it with? A Seasonic S12 600W. $188 shipped next-day air from Newegg. I would have liked to have gone with a PCP&C Turbo-Cool 510W, but that would have been >$250 by the time you include next day air shipping. Sparkle/FSP doesn't make a unit that provided the sort of current/rail combinations I was looking for.

Luckily, my hard drives appear to have survived the failure. I have no idea if the motherboard/CPUs/RAM/cards are still OK, as my emergency FSP 400W is out on loan, and all other power supplies are back at home.

Bleh.

Greg