On 10 Jun 2005 at 19:13, nobozoz wrote:

> Thanks for your response.
>
> The drive mounts fine - initially. It gets a drive letter OK; I can
> open 'some' folders and view files OK; but when I try to COPY, I get
> file read errors often enough to be a royal PITA. There is over 200 MB
> of files and folders on that Cruzer. Easily more than 2,000 files in
> about 34 folders at root level.

Yeah, my brother has one with thousands of files on it as well, but he can't
even get it to mount, and all the recovery software states that the jump drive
must at least show up in
"My Computer" for it to function.

> I took a look at 'BadCopy', but there's no way to tell if the
> 'recovered' files are corrupt or not. That's not good enough for me to
> open my wallet for. Their demo mode is akin to going to a dealership,
> watching a video and calling it a test drive before buying a car.

I wasn't quite sure how that worked. They say it will tell you what files CAN
be recovered, but the evaluation copy won't allow them to be copied, but I see
what you mean, they
could be copied and still be corrupted.

Vince